Friday, April 16, 2010

An ex-Green Speaks Out

This post from Mar Tweedy over on Politics.ie is worth mentioning. It's an oldie, but it represents exactly how a lot of us ex-Greens are feeling.

The post was made in Dec 2009, and I would bet that things have got a lot worse since then and the Greens have lost even more support.

The post in full is reproduced below.

"I did support the Greens going into govt in 2007, was very disiullusioned in 2008 but prepared to hang on on a suck it for a bit longer and see but since NAMA and the cuts I'm completely gone and will not be voting Green again under the current strategy and leadership. I think they've set the green agenda back in Ireland for 5-10 years. It was a stereotype in the past that green politics is very middle-class but this Govt's policies have shown this to be the case - actually its not even middle-class who are also badly affected by policies. The Green party is supporting policies that chose to leave the rich relatively protected and annihilate poorer and more vulnerable people and communities. Not my politics and I'm suffering a bit of shame that my vote went to support this sh*te. Its sad that Gogarty is now repeating the Thatcherite mantra "there is no alternative" but the truth is this govt has a lot in common with Thatcher's politics."

No comments:

Post a Comment